It’s that time of the year again for all the little Ghost, Goblins, and Zombies to come out to play Trick or Treat. Here’s a little idea for Halloween for your children to take part, Operation Gratitude’s Halloween Candy Buy Back program. .
Information from their website: www.halloweencandybuyback.com/
The biggest Halloween Candy Buyback ever is supporting Operation Gratitude’s March to a Million!
They will be shipping their one millionth care package this year on Saturday December 7th, 2013 in Van Nuys, CA and you can be there with Dr Chris Kammer. Details coming soon!
How does the program work?
- Participating dentists “buy” back kids’ Halloween candy at a scheduled event
- “Buy” with cash, coupons, toothbrushes, creative exchanges – They can partner with local businesses to give away coupons for food, services, goods, etc. They can give away the Hygiene Kits, they can set up an Opportunity Prize–each kid gets a ticket per pound of candy for an opportunity drawing to win special prizes, etc.
- Dentists send the candy to Operation Gratitude or other Military support groups
- Operation Gratitude sends the candy to U.S. Military deployed in harm’s way
To find a dental practice in your area, use the zip code “look-up” feature to see if there is a dental office participating close by. SUGGESTION: Call the practice before driving over with your Halloween candy as many have concluded their buyback event and are no longer accepting candy.
Why Join Halloween Candy Buyback?
- You’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing you’re making kids, parents, and Service Members smile!
- You’ll set a great example for the next generation to give back!
- You’ll also enjoy some great publicity!
100,000 Toothbrush Challenge
Help us send a toothbrush in every troop’s care package! For every pound of candy you send to the troops, we hope you will also send a toothbrush! Let’s see how quickly we can collect 100,000 toothbrushes!